Sergio Pettis has been in the general public eye considering that he debuted in the UFC at age 20, billed as a genuine prospect as the tiny brother of Anthony Pettis.
Seven many years later, Pettis (20-5 MMA, 2- BMMA) has matured into a championship contender. A poised and snug Pettis cruised to victory in his initial Bellator key celebration on Friday evening, earning a unanimous final decision more than Ricky Bandejas in the showcased bout of Bellator 242. The judges’ scores ended up 30-27 throughout the board.
With the victory, Pettis is predicted to get the winner of an approaching fight between Juan Archuleta and Patchy Combine to fill the company’s vacant bantamweight title, which will be held at a date and locale to be identified.
Pettis carried out his activity prepare from the outset. He stalked down Bandejas (13-4 MMA, 3-3 BMMA), slice off his angles, and peppered Bandejas was a strong combine of punches and kicks.
This regimen repeated in the 2nd round. Pettis’ punishing minimal kicks began to insert up, as Bandejas’ guide leg significantly swelled up and influenced his timing. Bandejas was never in a position to sustain any offensive momentum, with Pettis working with deft footwork to dodge the unusual occasions Bandejas pushed forward.
In the third, Bandejas seemed to perception he was down on the scorecards. He landed more frequently than in the first two rounds, but even with that, by no means came close to turning the tide, as Pettis if not caught to the game prepare and shut things down.
The victory, Pettis’ 3rd in a row, was his 13th job determination get. Bandejas had a two-combat get streak snapped and has dropped a few of his previous 5.
The bantamweight struggle was the most important event of Bellator 242, which took place Friday at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card airs on Paramount pursuing prelims on YouTube.
Finish Bellator 242 effects:
- Sergio Pettis def. Ricky Bandejas by means of unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jason Jackson def. Jordan Mein by means of unanimous final decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jay Jay Wilson def. Tywan Claxton by using break up determination (27-30, 29-28, 30-27)
- Aaron Pico def. Solo Hatley Jr. via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 2:10
- Mark Lemminger def. Jake Smith by way of TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:46
- Raufeon Stots def. Cass Bell by using submission (rear-bare choke – Round 3, 1:24
- Ras Hylton def. Rudy Schaffroth by way of unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)